DXPagerSoftware Python Ham Radio
I just released DXPager, a script that sends DAPNET messages to your pager if a DX station whose entity you have not worked/confirmed before has been spotted. In other words: The script checks your LotW QSL log, observes the DX cluster and pages you as soon as a new one appears. A “(L)” is added to the message if the DX station is a LotW user. Additionally, you can define a watch list of DX call signs for which you’d also liek to be notified.
What it does in more detail:
- parses the output of a specific dx cluster server
- downloads your LotW QSL file
- determines the DX station’s country
- determines the DX station’s continent
- determines if the DX station uses LotW
- determines if the DX station’s country has been confirmed via LotW
- checks if the DX call is in your VIP call list
- de-duplicates spots
- and finally - if it’s a new DXCC or a watchlist triggered - sends the information to your DAPNET pager
You can find the code and some more information here.